Italian Pizza with a haute French twist. Can you dare eating a pizza topped with "escargot"? That’s "snails" in French.
1 pack refrigerated French bread dough
1 1/2 lb Raclette cheese, shredded
10 oz French snails (the smaller, the better)
2 oz tomato sauce
8 oz dried Chanterelle mushrooms
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp fresh parsley
1/2 lb butter
1. Thaw the French bread dough for at least two hours (or longer) beforehand if you can. Once completely thawed, roll the dough out into the shape of a pizza. Put the crust on a pizza pan or skillet and set aside.
2. Soak the dried mushrooms in water, then washing and cutting them. Once sliced, resoak the mushrooms, wash, and drain.
3. If the snails are too large (larger than a garlic clove), cut them into pieces. Drain the snails of its juices well.
4. Melt the butter in a baking dish. Add the snails, crushed garlic, salt, and pepper.
5. Put the bread dough pan on the top rack of the oven and the snails on the bottom rack of the oven. Cook both of them for 10 minutes.
6. Once taken out, spread tomato sauce in an even layer on the bread, then sprinkle the Raclette cheese over it.
7. Add the snails, then the mushrooms. Sprinkle it with fresh Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
8. Bake the pizza at 425ºF in the top rack for 12 minutes.