Who says that you can’t mix beer in your food? This outrageous pizza recipe is a great accompaniment to what else? !
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 lb pepperoni sausage, diced
1/2 lb bacon, diced
1 green bell pepper, chopped
28 oz can tomato sauce
1/8 tsp dried thyme
1 unbaked pizza crusts
4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
1 can sliced mushrooms 4 ounce size drained
1 onion chopped
1 cup beer
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 450ºF. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat and saute the pepperoni and bacon until evenly browned.
2. Mix in mushrooms, onion, and green pepper. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes or until tender.
3. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix the ingredients from the skillet with the tomato sauce and beer. Season it with garlic, oregano, thyme, and salt. Allow the mixture to simmer for about 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
4. Spread the sauce mixture over the pizza crust and top with cheese.
5. Bake the pizza for 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown.