Don’t you wish there’s a delicious treat or a scrumptious dessert out there that does not end on your thigh or belly.
Well, now there is – thanks to celebrity natural-foods chef Bethenny Frankel. The celebrity chef shares Fudge Chocolate Chip Muffins that promises to have all the good stuff we look for in muffins, and not of the bad.
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon raspberry extract
- 3⁄4 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup fresh or frozen (drained) raspberries
- Frankel notes that unsweetened applesauce keeps these muffins figure-friendly.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a regular-size muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine applesauce, raw sugar, vanilla, and almond extract. Stir and set aside to allow the raw sugar crystals to dissolve.
- In a large bowl, sift together oat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the applesauce mixture to the flour mixture and stir until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and raspberries gently to avoid bleeding.
- Using a 3-ounce ice cream scoop or a large spoon, divide the batter between the six muffin cups. Bake for 50 minutes to an hour, rotating the tin half way through.
- Cool completely on a wire rack, then pop the muffins out with a spoon.