A trip to the spa may be just what the doctor ordered after a long day. But unfortunately, not all of us can afford to get facials on a regular basis. Luckily, you can treat yourself to inexpensive facials made from ingredients that you might have in the kitchen.
To create your own inexpensive facial, simply gather the ingredients needed and follow these instructions:
- Rub a small amount of milk of magnesia on oily skin.
- Allow it to dry, then rinse with warm water.
- Cook ½ cup of instant oatmeal. Beat in 1 egg and 2 tsp. of cold pressed olive oil.
- Rub it on your face and leave it on for 15 minutes. Rinse.
To create an inexpensive egg and honey facial for dry skin:
- Mix 1 egg yolk with 1 tsp of honey and 1 tsp olive oil. Mix them well.
- Stir in a few drops of oil from a Vitamin E capsule.
- Apply it on your face and leave it for 15 minutes. Rinse.
For a quick and healthy facial:
- Slice a couple of grapes and rub them on your face.
- Leave it on for a few minutes then rinse it off.
Another great healthy facial option is not to throw out overripe bananas and avocados:
- Mash ½ avocado and ½ banana together.
- Stir in a few spoonfuls of plain yogurt and 1 tsp and 1 tsp olive oil.
- Apply generous amounts of the mixture on your face and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
Strawberries also work wonders:
- Blend 5-6 strawberries in a blender.
- Add 3 tsp cream and 1 tsp honey.
- Apply the mixture on your face and leave it on for 10 minutes. Rinse off.
Your skin will feel just as refreshed and revitalized as though you went to a spa for a facial.