To complete his pet projects, The Men’s Health Big Book of Exercises and The Women’s Health Big Book of Exercises, Adam Campbell of Men’s Health turned to "the world’s best experts" to put together over 600 different exercises. Some are classic routines. Some are new and revolutionary that they have not reached mainstream consciousness yet. Campbell names his favorite among the new ones: the Lateral Roll.
The Lateral Roll is a core exercise which targets and builds your abs. what is interesting about this exercise is that you barely even move.
Here is how the Lateral Roll is done:
- You will be needing Swiss ball and a pole (sub with a broom if your don’ t have a pole).
- Lie on your back on the Swiss-ball such that you upper back lies firmly on the ball.
- Raise your hips so you body forms a straight line from your knees to your shoulders.
- Hold your arms straight out to your sides. A pole or broom helps keep you arms straight and balanced.
- Roll across the ball as far as you can, taking small side steps with your feet, all while keeping your hips or arms from sagging. Remember that there will be less and less of your upper back on the ball as roll, so you may be able to move a inches only.
- Switch to the other direction and do the same steps and repeat for 30 seconds.
Source: men’s health